Thursday, February 4, 2010

Goals/Weekly Events

I made a list of semester goals this week. Here is what I have so far, and the musings that went along with them:
1. Make a 3.5 or higher GPA.
2. Save at least $300.
3. Bake sugar cookies for classes - Marketing, LEAD, Building Stakeholder Relations
4. Tithe on every penny I earn/am given.
5. Finish reading Mere Christianity.
6. Finish knitting that second mitten.
7. Finish every book assigned in LEAD.
8. Go to/gain 4 convo points.
9. Read the Bible daily, pray daily.

In other news, I bought a new fishtank for Purl. He's quite happy, though still in a bit of shock. I do not think that he likes the new "bowl" atmosphere, yet. It is obvious, now, that there is plenty of room for a second fish in there. A buddy would do him good, since Knit died early last fall. I will add that to my To Do list.

Veggie/veganism is going well, though I discovered last night that Arby's is not a vegetarian-friendly fast-food joint. I had my first french-fry dinner, which becomes a regular event for many vegans. After much research, I will be eating eggs. There are no health problems solidly linked to consuming eggs, so back into the diet they go! Yay! I love eggs.

Also, the parents finally told our extended family about the condo purchase. This was put off for a long while, mostly due to the recession and some of the financial difficulties that members of our family have faced, and it would be inconsiderate to tell a person who is hurting financially that you have finances enough to invest in property. Regardless, after a lot of talking/praying about it, my Dad finally posted pictures of the condo online and my aunts/uncles are fully informed. My parents are also in town this week. The bed for the master bedroom was delivered yesterday and, finally, they have a place to sleep. Robert (little bro) will still be sleeping on a mattress on the floor, but he's young and can handle it.

No comments: