Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Motivation Meter: -1

I like to feel busy, feel productive. It absolutely drives me crazy when there is a task to be done and it's not getting done. I love to finish things. In Psychology 1200 last semester, we took lots of personality profile quizzes and at least two of them said that I am the one that "gets the work done" or "the packhorse" that can handle a large load and finish the job. However, sometimes, my more human, lazy side surfaces. Yesterday, despite a great need to work, and plow through projects, I just. didn't. want. to. I tried! Boy, did I try! But the motivation was not there. Eventually, I sort of gave up and sat down to read. That helped some.
Today I feel a lot more motivated, but there is less that needs doing.
In other news, the new fish (Valentino is his name) is doing very well. He and Purl have become buds and they swim back and forth together and eat/spit up bubbles a lot. Typical fish behavior.
Today I am going to make a vegan vegetable tart/pizza with squash, zucchini, tomatoes, onions, basil. Seriously excited!

No comments: