Thursday, December 11, 2008

Pedicure + No Sleep = Recipe for lethargy.

Today:
Mom bought me an adorable little cocktail dress, chocolate brown with gold zippers.
Took a huge exam, not sure how I did...
Had dinner/snack with my sister, brother, Trev, Jeff and Mom. Love those people.
Got a pedicure!

After much thought and discussion with Dad, the decision was made not to buy a yarn store.  I am, after all, only halfway through my sophomore year of college.  I'm not exactly ready to live on my own, yet! Let alone work full time and be responsible for a  business.

The past week has been so much fun!  I've spent the majority of my time with my closest friends, done lots of shopping and gotten very little sleep.  I took my first final today and have a second tomorrow, another two on Monday.  Looking forward to the weekend!

Mother's scarf has been cast on and is 8 rows in!  As you know, I'm using Shimmer Galaxy, a laceweight yarn from knitpicks (it finally arrived Monday).  I bought beads and have chosen the Waves of Grain pattern from knitty.com.  It's going to be absolutely beautiful with the jewel-toned beads and subtle color changes in the yarn.  I am so very excited about this!

Well, I have two papers to revise and then I'm hitting the hay before midnight for the first time in days and days.

Wishing you all the best this Holiday Season,
Kathleen

No comments: