Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes


Made more cupcakes! One failed batch (I forgot about them and left them in the oven an extra 20 minutes... They were nasty), but the second time they turned out perfectly! Here they sit, ready for consumption! I'm having some people over before we go see Eclipse tonight at midnight (yeah, yeah, I hear your snickers all the way over here). In my defense, I read the series before it became mainstream. So, I'm a legitimate fan.

Anyway, here are two pictures of the new cupcakes! I haven't eaten a whole one, yet - waiting on the guests to do that - but I've tasted the ganache and peanut butter filling. Both were DIVINE! Did I mention they're completely vegan? Down to the Earth Balance Shortening I bought today. Coffee's brewin'. Time to welcome the guests!

Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Buttercream Filling.Topped with Chocolate Ganache and more PB Buttercream Filling!

Also on the menu tonight: Kale Chips (Kale chopped and tossed with salt and oil, then oven-cooked until crispy) and Espresso. And whatever the guests bring. Oh, and Edward Cullen. Mmmm-mmm!

P.S. Location: Nashville condo in the Gulch.

No comments: