Saturday, June 19, 2010

Three Lists in One

Summer is usually my time to finally do all the awesome things I've been wanting to do all year. Since I am hopelessly addicted to lists, here are two:

Summer Shopping List


Summer To Do List
  • Organize my Recipe Binder
  • Make Ketchup
  • Finish reading Woman Defined
  • Finish reading Mere Christianity
  • Make this coffee cake
  • Reach the point where I run 40 minutes at a time
  • Try homemade vegan ranch dressing
  • Make veggie burgers from scratch
  • Make homemade hummus
  • Take Josie and Popo to the dog park
  • Finish reading Eat Right 4 Your Type
  • Go see: Toy Story 3, Prince of Persia, Eclipse
  • Find our old bread machine and all it's parts
  • Drink more hot tea

These lists are always works-in-progress. We'll see where they go!

A note about the vegan stuff...
Eat Right 4 Your Type says that blood type A's do not digest dairy very well. It's not that we're allergic or lactose intolerant (though some of us might be), simply that our bodies reject it. When I became a vegetarian in January, I increased the amount of soy milk I drank and switched from regular cheeses to soy cheeses. Then, I returned to regular cheeses and went back to using half-and-half in my coffee. Right now, I tend to go back and forth. One week, I'm all about the soy milk in my coffee. The next, I'm dumping cheese on everything and downing ice cream like it's my job (wait, eating ice cream is part of my job...) Now I'm back on my no-dairy kick. Don't get me wrong, I'm no stickler about this. I love sunny-side up eggs and cheddar cheese. I put loads of Smart Balance butter on my toast and no matter how hard I try, I just can't enjoy a bagel without the cream cheese. Cutting back, however, can only be a good thing. The fact that Mom bought Almond Milk - one of God's greatest gifts to man - has aided the process. Thanks to Eat Right 4 Your Type, I've made these changes:
  • Drinking hot tea more often
  • Eating more nuts and grains
  • Drinking soy milk more regularly
  • Taking my multivitamin every day
  • Drinking more fruit juice and adding fruit juice to my water
More rants/rambles/updates later. Have a wonderful day!

No comments: