Thursday, June 17, 2010

Running with Boogie

Ah, Thursday dawned bright and beautiful, with blue skies and puffy white clouds. Boogie and I went for a barefoot walk. She has decided she would like to get into the barefoot running thing with the rest of the fam. I coached her through some of the basics. We jogged for only a minute before she felt like her calves and feet had had enough. Boogie is the least-athletic one of us. This will take some time, but hopefully she'll stick with it! It would be awesome to have a running buddy next semester when we're living together in Nashvegas.

Speaking of Nashvegas, I'm all packed and ready to go. The weekend away will be lovely, filled with events with friends and time at the pool. Well, maybe no time at the pool... That lovely day I just described? It's now a dark greenish-gray outside and the birds have disappeared. My sources have confirmed that in Nashville, it is "pouring." Oh well. More time for.... shopping!

I got an email from Crossroads this week (Crossroads is where I bought my Vibrams). They were about to ship my Vibrams - the last pair in their warehouse! - when they discovered a problem with the stitching on one of the shoes. They refunded my money and I am again Vibram-less. I'm going to try REI and perhaps a few other stores down in Nashville this weekend, before again searching online. Hopefully I'll be able to buy a pair in-person, take them home, and go for a run!

No comments: